Landlord Emergency Assistance Insurance

In an emergency which makes the property unsecure or unsafe, the ultimate responsibility will lie with you, as a landlord, to rectify and pay for the problem (even if your property’s managed, you’ll still need to settle the bill). Our specially designed Landlord Insurance is here to give you peace of mind in the event of an unexpected emergency.

Our Landlord Emergency Assistance Insurance includes:

  • 24-hour helpline for your tenants to call in the case of a covered emergency*
  • Contact a qualified contractor on your behalf
  • Keeping your tenant fully informed, with a four-hour response time
  • Cover up to £500 including VAT for each incident**
  • No excess.

Landlord Emergency Assistance Insurance is included as standard with our Landlord Buildings Insurance or Landlord Contents Insurance for Furnished Properties

How does Landlord Emergency Assistance Insurance work?

We’ll give you a 24 hour helpline that your tenants can call in case of an emergency in your let property, which:

  • is causing ongoing damage 
  • has made the property unsecure 
  • is risking the safely of your tenants.

Emergency Assistance Insurance provides cover for the cost of contractors’ call out and labour charges, parts and materials up to a maximum of £500 (including VAT) for each emergency in connection with:

  • Security of doors and windows
  • Plumbing
  • Cooking system
  • Roofing, down-piping and guttering
  • Electricity supply.

Having accepted an emergency* we’ll send out a qualified tradesperson to help limit any further damage, make the property safe for your tenants and ensure the property is secure.

What’s not covered by Landlord Emergency Assistance Insurance?

It’s really important that you understand that this isn’t cover for general maintenance of your property and we’ll assess each emergency individually. Please check the exclusions below or the Policy Wording for further information.

*Please refer to Policy Wording for details of emergencies covered.

**HomeLet will pay out a maximum of £1,500 in one period of cover, cover if the property is unoccupied for more than 30 consecutive days is excluded.