Tenants Contents Insurance

HomeLet contents insurance is designed especially for tenants, to give you peace of mind in case anything happens to your personal possessions, but we also cover accidental damage to your landlord’s furniture or fixtures and fittings that you’re liable for under your tenancy agreement.

  • £11 a month* to cover your contents and your liability as a tenant too
    We provide £50,000 of cover for your contents and £10,000 liability cover, as standard  
  • Transferable between properties
    Moving house? No problem, take your policy with you - even if you buy your own home!
  • Accidental Damage extension
    With this option you can extend your Accidental Damage cover to include most of your contents, including mobile phones - for just £4 a month.
  • Mobile phones covered
    As standard our contents cover provides up to £300 per claim for mobile phones
  • Specialist cover for tenants
    We've been providing specialist insurances to the lettings market for over 25 years

* Cover starts at £11 per month for £50,000 of contents cover and £10,000 of Tenancy Liability cover; this price includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current rate, as set by HMRC. Please note that a monthly admin fee of £1.99 will be payable if you choose to pay for your policy monthly. 

feefo gold trusted service 2018 darkFeefo Gold Merchant 2018

We have been awarded as a Feefo gold merchant for 2018, this means our rating has been above 4.6/5 throughout the entirety of 2017. Our tenants insurance has been given a customer experience rating of 4.6 out of 5 by 5780 of our customers, through independent feedback from Feefo.

You can see feedback from our customers on our Feefo page

Specialist cover for tenants

Tenants contents insurance is there to ensure that if your possessions are stolen or damaged, you won’t have to cover the cost. As a tenant, you aren’t obliged to get one of these policies, but it could increase your peace of mind and help to safeguard your finances. After all, no matter how careful you are, there’s always a risk that disaster will strike. From fires and floods to burglaries, you never know what’s around the corner. Would you be able to afford to replace your belongings if something went wrong? By the time you’ve factored in everything from your electronics to your clothes and jewellery, the costs can quickly mount up.

HomeLet Contents Insurance Incorporating Tenancy Liability is designed to give you the added reassurance you need, and you can tailor it to suit your specific needs. It includes fire, theft and flood protection, as well as accidental damage to desktop personal computers, TVs and audio, DVD and video equipment. Our policies also features tenancy liability cover, so if you accidentally damage your landlord’s furniture or fixtures and fittings that you’re liable for under your tenancy agreement, you won’t have to pay out.

Tailor your cover to suit you

You can add to our standard contents insurance with an Accidental Damage extension, Specified Possession cover (for high value items worth over £2,500) and unspecified Personal Possessions cover, which is designed to protect belongings you take outside your home. We also offer pedal cycles cover as an add-on. This provides protection for bikes outside the boundaries of your home.

Want to know more about our policy?

To get the full details on our policies, simply take a look around our website. We offer detailed information on all our insurance options. You can also get a quick tenant contents insurance quote by clicking the ‘Get a quote’ link below. If you’d like further help in choosing the right solution, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our friendly and professional team by email or phone. We’re committed to providing all of our customers with the highest standards of service and are on hand to answer your questions.

tenants insurance christmasNew Year Prize Draw

Simply get a tenants insurance quote from HomeLet today and we’ll automatically enter you into our New Year prize draw. Be in with a chance of winning 1 of 3 amazon vouchers. To find out more please read the full terms and conditions.

Find out more

Optional add-ons for your cover

You may have some special items, or specific incidents, you’d like extra protection for. So we also offer the following optional add-ons for you to choose from, creating a policy that suits your needs.

Accidental Damage extension

As a standard feature of your policy we offer limited Accidental Damage cover for some of your items, examples include your TV and personal computer equipment. Mobile phones are excluded from our limited Accidental Damage cover. With this option you can extend your Accidental Damage cover to include most of your contents, including mobile phones.

Specified personal belongings

This optional cover is designed to protect your higher value personal possessions, against accidental damage, loss or theft - even outside your home.

Unspecified personal belongings

This optional cover is designed to protect your personal possessions when you take them out of your home, against accidental damage, loss or theft.

Pedal cycle extension

Our optional Bicycle Cover protects your bicycles when you take them out of the boundaries of your home. If you’re a keen cyclist, this option will ensure your pedal cycle’s protected wherever you take it.

Personal legal protection

Our cover provides the expert legal help and assistance needed to protect yourself against common legal issues, without the worry of running up solicitors costs and overstretching your resources.

  • Up to £100,000 for legal fees and costs
  • Cover to help you to claim compensation or to defend your legal rights.

Call our friendly tenants insurance team

If you've got questions, want a quote or simply want to arrange cover - give us a call and we'll be happy to help

Call 0800 035 8258, we're open weekdays: 8:30 - 20:00 and Saturday: 9:30 - 13:00.