Landlord Liability Insurance, with Limited Contents cover

Renting out your property? Your landlord insurance might cover damages to your property, but what about injury to your tenants?

You need to make sure that your tenants and anyone employed to work on your property are as safe as possible, but accidents can happen. What if a floor tile or a piece of carpet came loose and one your tenants fell and suffered an injury? You need to make sure that you’re covered if they decided to make a claim against you.

Without landlord liability insurance, you could be liable for personal injury, damage to possessions and the resulting legal costs and damages associated with the claim.

Get a Quote online: On step 1 of the quote select "contents only", then on step 2 select "Limited Contents". 

What is landlord liability insurance?

If your property causes injury to a person or their possessions are damaged, landlord liability insurance, also known as public liability insurance, protects you and your property should a claim be made against you. Whether this is by a tenant, visitor or someone you have employed to work on your property. 

As a landlord it’s your responsibility to comply with current legislation, this helps to make sure that your tenants are living in a safe environment. However, we know that accidents can sometimes happen and that’s why we provide you with liability cover, which covers things like the costs and expenses of litigation, compensation and solicitors’ fees.

If my property is unfurnished, do I need contents cover?

Even if your property is offered unfurnished, you might still want to be covered for the fixtures and fittings inside your investment property. This could include things like curtains, blinds, carpets, kitchen goods and light fittings.

Our Limited Landlord Contents Insurance includes:

  • £5m property owner's liability cover
  • £10m employer's liability cover
  • Carpets, curtains, blinds, light fittings and white goods (up to £5,000)
  • cover for contents if you temporarily remove them (up to £1,000) 
  • loss of rent or re-letting costs, following an insured event (up to 30% sum insured)
  • lock replacement if your keys are stolen (up to £1,000)

Cover costs £64.51 a year when you buy online and pay annually, this price includes Insurance Premium Tax. 

feefo trusted service awards 2017 darkOur Landlord Insurance has been given a product rating of 4.5 out of 5 by 3420 of our customers through in dependent feedback from Feefo.

Feefo customer information correct as of June 2017 (see more reviews on our Feefo page)