Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? The role is to build software using languages and technologies of the Java and AspNetCore frameworks. You will build applications from scratch, and support business critical legacy systems as well as configure existing systems and provide user support.
|Reporting to||Head of Engineering & Change|
You will have experience of writing functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects.
You will be working with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with the business produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using Java/C# programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Proven experience as a Java/.NET Developer or Application Developer
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET/AspNetCore framework, MySql and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC), MVVM)
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Benefits: 25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free Parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for the position of Senior Java Developer please fill in the form below.