As a member of the Legal Department, you will be supporting the Company’s cash flow. This will be done by using effective debt recovery techniques to collect insurance monies, paid out during successful claims. You will maximise recovery against Tenants & Guarantors that contribute towards the ~£2.1 Million paid out annually in Rent Guarantee. To achieve this, you will undertake all administrative work for the Debt Recovery Team in addition to managing a reduced portfolio of debtors. You will work collaboratively with the Claims Handling Team to maximise the success of recovery through pre-emptive intervention and minimise costs incurred in pursuit of repayment.
|Reporting to||Debt Recovery Team Leader|
The Legal Department handles ~ 1,800 matters every year, with the majority of claims arising due to a tenant’s non-payment of rent. Amongst other things, you will:
· Engage with debtors to obtain repayment of outstanding balances;
· Enforce County Court Judgments where debtors refuse to engage and pay;
· Prepare and issue legal proceedings where appropriate;
· Liaise with our network of third party suppliers such as: Solicitors Agents, Enforcement Officers, Tracing Agents, Panel Solicitors and the like to ensure of successful recovery.
- Administrative and customer facing experience
- Numerate, ability to work under pressure and good computer skills (including MS office, outlook & excel)
- Able to manage difficult conversations
- Able to work on own initiative
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Credit Management and working towards a Certificate accreditation
- Experience of working in a similar, regulatory environment
- Knowledge of the County Court Litigation processes and the subsequent enforcement options.
Other package benefits:
- 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holiday
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Discounted gym flex
- Childcare benefits
- Free car parking
- Free tea and coffee
- Staff restaurant plus more.
You will be based in our purpose built, stylish office, located in the heart of historical Lincoln. There is easy access to the A46 and the A15, with free parking on site. We are also situated within a short walk of the Lincoln Central Station.
If this sounds like the job for you and you want to join a growing team, then please contact us with a your letter of application along with your CV to email@example.com
All applicants must live in the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
To apply for the position of Junior Recoveries Handler please fill in the form below.