|Reporting to||Head of Software Engineering & Change Management|
Barbon intends to give the IT Graduate exposure to a variety of skills and disciplines to help provide a breadth and where possible a depth of knowledge across an IT function. The IT Graduate will therefore be provide access to Project, Engineering, Testing, Service Desk and Infrastructure.
The IT Graduate will be mentored by Project Management Officer and be given training in our agile culture and processes. The training will cover Kanplan, Dynamic Systems Design Methodologies, Requirements workshops, Connextra and Jira workflows.
As part of the Test function, the IT Graduate will be mentored by the Test Lead. Covering feature, functional, stress, load and performance testing coupled with test strategies and BDD, the IT Graduation will develop automated tests and participate in all phases of our test life cycle, including show & tells and User Acceptance Testing.
The IT Graduate will be mentored by the Service Desk Manager whom will provide training in the operations of the Barbon service desk. Training will cover ITIL, Root Cause Analysis and Customer Support under the SMILE programme.
The IT Graduate will be mentored by our DevOps Architect and will provide training in Docker, Amazon Web Services, Linux, Azure and Chef.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Working with an agile team to design, develop, test, and maintain web, mobile and desktop-based business applications built on various technologies.
- Assisting in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- Preparing reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participating in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code. Package and support deployment of releases.
- Educated to Degree level in an IT related degree. Preferably achieving a 2:1 grade or above
- Strong technical skills built up through studies and any practical work experience
- Good teamworking
- Good communication skills
- Project management skills
- Some IT experience would be advantageous
Other package benefits:
- 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holiday
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Health Shield Cash Plan
- Discounted gym flex
- Childcare benefits
- Free car parking
- Free tea and coffee
Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications :- 29th November 2017
We are aiming to hold an assessment center before Christmas. We would like the successful candidate to start in June 2018.
Other: All applicants must live in the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role
To apply for the position of IT Graduate Programme- June 2018 start please fill in the form below.