The Infrastructure Engineer role is responsible for administration, support and maintenance of all back office systems, servers and networks across Microsoft and Linux technology stacks to ensure the successful running of all IT operations supporting the Barbon Insurance Group. In addition, the role will provide 3rd line support to the IT Service Desk and Infrastructure Technicians, assisting with the closure of all service requests, problems and incidents that relate to the IT systems and infrastructure.
|Reporting to||Infrastructure Manager|
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Delivery, support and maintenance of on premise and cloud-based technical architecture, encompassing infrastructure, networking, telephony, storage, and servers
- Take ownership of problems and incidents from identification through to resolution
- Ensure core production services are maintained and uptime KPI’s are met.
- Liaise with third party IT service providers to provide effective delivery of the overall IT service
- Assist with the adoption and implementation of core ITIL Processes (Capacity, Availability, Configuration, and Event)
- Assist with Change and Release management activities that result in changes to the technical infrastructure
- Proactive event management to prevent the occurrence of problems and incidents
- Support the compliance and regulatory agenda by ensuring all technology, networks, operating systems and other core architectural elements are fit-for-purpose and future proof
- Maintain and implement controls relating to information and system security, in line with group policy, IT governance, PCI-DSS, DPA and other industry regulations and best practices
- Maintenance and support of Microsoft and Linux based operating systems
- Database administration and maintenance
- Server management, including patching, server & database back-ups and restoration
- Point of escalation from Service Desk and Infrastructure Technicians (3rd Line Support)
- Support all internal system development activities
- Troubleshoot system, server, network and database related issues
- Delivery of the key infrastructure improvement projects
- Participate in an out of hours support rota for core services (eg server room water leak, temperature or fire alarm).
- Transition system software releases to the live environment (out of hours)
- Educated to A-Level standard or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Practical experience of Microsoft, LAMP, Red Hat, CentOS operating systems.
- Strong knowledge of database development, design & administration (SQL Server 2008/2012, MySQL 4/5, Oracle 11g)
- Practical experience of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN and network security
- Practical experience of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365
- Knowledge of core Amazon Web Services components (EC2, VPC, S3, EBS, ELB, Glacier, RDS, IAM, SQS, SWF, SES, SNS, Cloud Formation)
- Awareness of ITIL processes and other industry standards & best practices
- Practical experience of Cisco/Palo Alto network switching and firewalls
- Degree or equivalent in an IT related field
- Industry/Technical certifications (MCSA, MCSE, Red Hat etc)
- ITIL Foundation Level
- Appreciation of ISO27001, ISO20000, ISO 9001 standards
- Insurance and/or Financial Services experience
- Awareness of FCA, DPA & PCI-DSS regulatory requirements
- Practical knowledge of the Microsoft System Centre suite of applications (MSVMM, SCCM, SCOM etc)
25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service,
HealthShield ( health care scheme), Free Parking, FREE OFFICE FRUIT, On site therapies, Wellbeing scheme
OTHER: All applicants must live in the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
To apply for the position of Infrastructure Engineer please fill in the form below.