We are looking for a recent Graduate with a degree in Computer Science or Engineering to join our IT Development Team as a Graduate Junior Developer. The role is to build software using languages and technologies of the Java and AspNetCore frameworks. You will build up knowledge in developing applications from scratch, and supporting business critical legacy systems as well as configuring existing systems and provide user support. During your Graduate Development Programme, you will undertake some specific placements and projects within key areas of the IT Development department, to build up your specialist knowledge. You will also have the opportunity to do some short placements around the business building up your knowledge. This is coupled with an off-the-job training programme accredited through the CMI, designed to develop your competencies, knowledge and skills.
|Reporting to||Head of Engineering & Change|
We are keen to hear from students who have a Computer Science / Engineering related degree. Some previous experience of using Java and writing functional code would be an advantage.
To apply for this role please forward a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Collaborate with the business produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using Java/C# programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Some experience as a Java/.NET Developer or Application Developer
- You will ideally have some experience of writing functional code with a sharp eye for spotting defects
- You will ideally have some experience of working with internal teams to design, develop and maintain software
- Familiarity with the ASP.NET/AspNetCore framework, MySql and design/architectural patterns (e.g. Model-View-Controller (MVC), MVVM)
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Excellent troubleshooting and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Computer Science related degree or relevant experience
Benefits: 25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free Parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for the position of Graduate Junior Developer please fill in the form below.