We are looking for the individual to drive the design and interactions of enterprise and consumer based applications, across all platforms. You would provide web-design leadership and understanding to fellow team members as part of a project or Scrum team. You would lead the creation of interactive design, across web, mobile and mobile-first product development with a critical eye toward clear visuals and text.
Working with the Head of Engineering & Change to make sure the use of design patterns and standard methodologies in the technology delivery and UX standards in order to ensure that the defined architecture strategy and standards are delivered effectively through each and every project.
You would be working closely with the Product, Project, Test and Engineering teams, and ensure an effective and fit for purpose implementation of software solutions for the business.
Key tasks and accountabilities:
- Gather and document functional requirements for upcoming web and mobile releases
- Analyse business needs and produce detailed wireframes/prototypes that meet strategic objectives
- Optimize information architecture to promote usability, while accommodating technical needs/constraints
- Develop user flows and personas to facilitate the feature design process
- Participate fully in multi-functional design sessions between Product, Project, Test and Engineering Teams and lead the visual design outcome
- Oversee all user-facing text to synthesize tone, language, and messaging
- Prioritize roadmap features and product improvement requests, specifically around UX to identify dependencies and granularities
- Deep understanding of interactive design across multiple platforms
- Experience in wire framing and prototyping methodologies and tools
- Proven knowledge of mobile-first implementations
- Demonstrable experience in designing web and mobile solutions for consumer brands
- Ideally degree educated or qualified by experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience as a mobile/web developer
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Confident and focused.
- Positive & resilient.
- Adaptable & Flexible.
- Forward/lateral thinking.
- Team player
Benefits: 25 day’s holiday + bank holidays, Employer pension contribution, 2% salary to spend on a variety of benefits after one year’s service, healthcare cash plan, subsidised gym memberships, online discounts and cashback cards from a variety of high street retailers, free Parking, free office fruit, on site therapies, and a variety of flexible benefits (including private medical cover, private dental cover, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, charitable giving)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for the position of Front-End Web Developer please fill in the form below.