We’re are part of Barbon, one of Lincoln’s biggest employers and the UK’s largest tenant referencing and specialist lettings insurance company. We work with tenants, landlords and letting agents - providing them with an award-winning referencing service and a comprehensive suite of insurance products. We have more than 350 staff members based in our purpose built, stylish head office in the heart of historic Lincoln.
|Reporting to||IT Service Delivery Manger|
The role involves managing the Service Desk Technicians providing support for the internal bespoke Insurance and Referencing administration systems, desktop environments and general infrastructure with a user base of approximately 400.
The IT Service Desk covers all the brands across Barbon across all sites, and provides first line assistance including the processing of incidents and service requests. The IT Service Desk is responsible for managing all support calls whether software or hardware related, printer issues, PC or laptop builds.
The IT Support team are responsible for managing both application support calls and workstation/infrastructure calls including;
- The in house Insurance and Referencing systems – written in PHP/Perl housed in CentOS/Red Hat Environments
- Third party desktop software
- Hardware (workstation/laptop)
- Printer issues
- General infrastructure problems and queries.
- To lead the IT Service Desk Team
- To act as a point of escalation for out of hours and Saturday P1 incidents across the Barbon Group.
- To act as Incident Manager for P1 incidents for all sites ensuring service affecting issues are met within internal KPI and the business is clearly communicated to throughout
- Set and monitor service/incident response KPI’s.
- To continually develop processes relating to Incident and Service Management
- To deliver a reliable, highly available and serviceable desktop environment aligned with business needs and objectives.
- To represent the interests and agenda of the Barbon IT Service Desk Team.
- To establish, and continually improve, processes for the management of incidents and problems across the Barbon Group.
- To identify new and/or enhance existing operational procedures for the IT Service Desk to ensure and deliver optimal service levels.
- To assume a lead role in the analysis, diagnosis, escalation, execution and resolution of incidents and problems affecting the customer base.
- To provide a centre of excellence for IT Service Desk knowledge and expertise and provide expert advice and guidance on the desktop environment to serve business needs.
- Champion secure practises and ensure data security is at the heart of the service desk function.
- Facilitate rollout of standard security practises including PCI-DSS
- To support the aims and objectives of new business initiatives requiring customer and technical support.
- To support the production and publication of first class management information on incident and problem management.
- To identify and resolve, or escalate when necessary, issues preventing the Barbon IT Service Desk delivering IT services within agreed service levels.
- To ensure appropriate staffing levels to ensure stability and availability of the Lincoln IT Service Desk.
- Conduct regular service review meetings with the business to appraise service performance and ongoing projects.
- Degree educated or qualified by experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of ITIL processes (esp Incident, Problem, Change)
- Experience of managing 3rd party supplier replationships
- Telephony Platform management
- Demonstrable technical design and delivery standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Can manage and motivate technical people
- Encourages Co-Operative Working
- Enables the Performance of Others
- Strives to Deliver Excellence
- Identifies opportunities to reduce costs
- Practical experience of Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365
- IT Degree Level qualification
- ITIL Practitioner Level or above
- Insurance and/or Financial Services experience
- Practical experience with Mitel Telephony system
OTHER: All applicants must live in the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
If this is the kind of challenge you’re looking for, and you think you fit our requirements, then please send your letter of application, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for the position of IT Service Desk Manager please fill in the form below.