We are Barbon Insurance Group Limited and have lead the private lettings industry for over 20 years, delivering tenant referencing and specialist insurance solutions. Better known through our prestige brands; HomeLet, Rentshield and Letsure, we have become the go-to experts for Landlords, Letting Agents and Tenants alike.
Are you an Insurance Expert or Legal Professional looking for a new and unique challenge to mix the two area’s in a thriving industry?
We boast a number of unique selling points, one of which is our expert legal team that are based in our head office in Lincoln. A rare opportunity to join our team has arisen through the continued growth of the Group.
Despite our customers conducting through reference checks on prospective tenants, their circumstances can change overtime resulting in missed rental payments. As a member of our expert legal team, you will become the designated point of contact for the Landlord and/or their Managing Agent and be there to support them through the process of securing payment from their Tenants.
On occasion, where a mutually acceptable solution isn’t possible, you will be required to take the necessary steps in protecting the Landlord’s investment. This could be the removal of the tenants via legal proceedings and eviction if appropriate.
You will act as a conduit between insurers, solicitors in Ireland/Scotland and undertake a number of legal actions under the supervision of our chosen Solicitors for properties in England and Wales. An ability to balance both speed and accuracy is essential due to the nature of the role and so attention to detail is a must.
This is a 12 month Maternity cover
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
To operate within a team of Claims Handlers, delivering a high quality Claims Provision to its diverse, Internal/External Customer base. Taking a pro-active and “hands on” approach to claims handling whilst embracing Barbon’s Vision and Values.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITES:
- Adhere to all relevant policies, local processes, regulatory and business service level agreements
- Input, assess & manage a portfolio of claims, storing the relevant documents & evidence on the corresponding systems
- Manage all customer enquiries across varied mediums, including but not restricted to email, telephone & post
- Escalate where appropriate any fraud indicators highlighted from fraud measures in place
- Take pre-emptive steps to enhance recovery potentials within a claim by issuing demand letters to the relevant parties
- Accurately manage & calculate financial payment requisitions as part of the claim ensuring payments are made to the policy holder efficiently with relevant tracking & recording in place
- Manage customer relationships effectively to ensure the claim progresses efficiently and any refunds due back to us are forthcoming
- Accurately manage & calculate financial payment requisitions at Vacant Possession stages of a claim ensuring that any proposed deposit use and/or dilapidations are validated & taken into consideration when calculating payments due.
- Liaise with our approved supplier of legal advocates to arrange legal representation at court hearings, producing and recording on systems the required documents for such hearings
- Liaise with County Courts nationally to arrange Bailiff & Eviction appointments when tenants fail to vacate
- Serve legal notices to the tenant tailored to their circumstances and in-line with current legislation to regain possession of the property as efficiently as possible whilst managing and escalating any associated risks accordingly
- Work as “One-Team” in collaboration with the teams Tenant & Landlord Litigator and the approved legal services provider to ensure that the legal service provided is robust, low risk and efficient.
Have you got the required skills and experience?
3 GCSE results (C) or equivalent qualifications
English and Maths GCSE or equivalent qualifications
CILEx – Associate Grade
Graduate calibre, specifically in Law.
IOP - Associate Standard
Claims Handling in a Legal/Insurance centred environment
Administrative and customer facing experience
Numerate, ability to work under pressure and good computer skills (including MS office, outlook & excel)
Able to manage difficult conversations
Able to work on own initiative
A minimum of 12 months in a FCA or SRA regulated environment
Knowledge and/or previous experience of Landlord & Tenant Litigation
Experience in a litigation based role
Skills / Aptitudes
Collaborative Working- Works Co-Operatively as One Team
Communicating Clearly- Communicates Professionally
Leading & Developing- Drives Own Development
Thinking Customer- Puts the Customer First
Commercial Mind-set- Makes an effort to limit wasted resource
Analysing & Initiating- Makes Effective Decisions
Adapting & Responding- Is Open to Change
Taking Ownership- Accepts Responsibility
Creating & Innovating- Seeks Improvement
Acts with integrity, showing respect and fairness.
Other package benefits:
25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holiday
Employer Pension Contribution
Health Shield Cash Plan
Discounted gym flex
Free car parking
Free tea and coffee
Please send a Covering Letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about us please visit www.barbon.com
All applicants must live in the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
To apply for the position of Claims Handler - Maternity Cover please fill in the form below.