We are looking for a dynamic Business Opportunity Manager. This role is field based. Our vision is to be the best insurance and referencing business in the UK. The role of the Business Opportunity Manager is key to our success. We are looking for a person to take ownership for developing and delivering a commercially viable acquisitions strategy.
|Reporting to||Sales Operations Manager|
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The role of the Business Opportunity Manager is to take ownership for developing and delivering a commercially viable acquisitions strategy.
To actively source new business opportunities that are relevant to the Lettings industry such as Tenant Deposit schemes, System integrations, industry events and create an ongoing pipeline to deliver new agents to HomeLet.
Be a role model to the Sales team and use knowledge and experience to influence the development of others.
Develop industry links with appropriate bodies on a regional and national basis, example ARLA.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Strategy and Planning – taking ownership for developing and delivering a commercially viable acquisitions strategy
- Market map acquisition opportunities and develop an acquisitions strategy for the top 100 letting agents in the UK (volume based)
- Develop and deliver against a marketing plans towards the targeted agents; e.g. ARLA conference, Cheltenham Festival
- Deliver a robust contact strategy to maximise acquisitions and conversion rates between the acquisitions and the transaction of new agents
- Continually innovate and improve communication methods to build excellent relationships with the top 100 agents
- Work with Head of Sales to ensure the HomeLet Principal proposition is continually improved and delivers desired profitability
- Continually seek customers feedback and use it to develop initiatives which would stimulate a commercially viable growth
- Develop industry links with appropriate bodies on a regional and national basis; e.g. ARLA
Team – be a role model for the Sales team and use knowledge and experience to influence development of others
- Actively source industry trends and changes and cascade information to the rest of the team with the view to increase their industry knowledge and develop relevant activity strategies
- Observe colleagues and provide feedback / coaching to grow their development and improve performance
- Act as a role model and mentor to the members of the sales team
Understanding our market – to fully understand all aspects of the lettings market ensuring the HomeLet proposition remains market leading
- Complete market research and carry out analysis on findings
- Understanding the life cycle of a letting agent and how HomeLet and our products fit seamlessly into this
- Full review of customer retention
- Gain industry insight from attending customer opinion panels
- Looking forward – what are HomeLet’s next products based around what the industry and agents are wanting
Competitor analysis – Carry out regular competitor analysis within the industry enabling HomeLet to develop its business and products to remain market leading
- Look at our competitors/what are they doing/what are our campaigns
- Link into other commercial departments within the business to understand how we can develop our competitive advantage
- Develop an innovative approach to have a continual cycle of competitor analysis information feeding into the business
Innovation for products – Understand what HomeLet’s USP’s are and develop marketing campaigns around these to secure new business
- Identify our USP’s and developing these into a strategy that drives our marketing campaigns
- Interact with marketing to develop a detailed focus for campaigns to generate and secure new business
- Develop a continual campaign cycle to counteract competitor attacks
5 GCSE’s A-C or equivalent
Secondary school or diploma qualification
Sales experience within a regulated industry (Minimum 2 years)
Experience of working to targets
Conversancy with a recognised CRM system
Knowledge of Microsoft programmes –
Previous people development and coaching experience
Sales experience within the Lettings/Propery industry
Skills / Aptitudes
Collaborative Working- Works Co-Operatively
Communicating Clearly- Communicates Professionally
Leading & Developing- Drives Own Development
Thinking Customer- Puts the Customer First
Commercial Mind-set- Makes an effort to limit wasted resource
Analysing & Initiating- Makes Effective Decisions
Adapting & Responding- Is Open to Change
Taking Ownership- Accepts Responsibility
Creating & Innovating- Seeks Improvement
Planning & Prioritising-Prioritises and Plans Own Work
Salary: £40,000, plus up to 25% performance related bonus
Benefits: Company Car, 25 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday, Employer pension contribution, + many more flexible benefits available
To apply for the role, please simply send your CV to email@example.com
OTHER: All applicants must live in the UK and be eligible to work in the UK.
No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, and we confirm that we will gladly accept applications from persons of any age for this role.
To apply for the position of Business Opportunity Manager please fill in the form below.