MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The individual is expected to work with a wide range of business datasets, creating and analysing key business performance indicators to a wide range of internal, and external stakeholders in a dynamic and constantly changing B2B & B2C environment. The individual is expected to play a key role in delivering and maturing the strategic goals for the business assisting the Data Manager with the overall Business Intelligence strategy for the medium and long term whilst delivering against the tactical aims in the short term. The role requires a mixture of excellent technical abilities marrying with a deep understanding of key business drivers and processes being able to not only create but empowered to analyse and provide key insight to drive business strategy.
KEY TASKS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop new Business Intelligence across a variety of business functions through a process of requirements gathering, designing, building, testing and releasing for each new report and application.
- Develop new databases in Microsoft SQL and deliver reports using SSRS and/or Microsoft Power BI as required by the business.
- Develop data models using Microsoft Analysis Services (SSAS) for consumption within Microsoft Power BI, Excel or SSRS.
- Complete data mining identifying business trends within datasets using data models developed in SSAS.
- Support the timely and accurate delivery of all requested projects and initiatives.
- To take responsibility for business projects from time to time that requires: project management skills; data and process analysis skills; or use of reporting systems.
- Meet FCA, DPA and ICOB requirements and ensure that all work outputs support these principles.
- To ensure accuracy within all reporting by testing outputs using the business tools and resources available.
- To be able to articulate to a variety of different business stakeholders, meeting regularly with senior business stakeholders to identify how the business can improve on its performance trajectory.
- Meet with senior business stake holders regularly, analysing business KPI’s offering insight and tactical and strategic guidance.
- Contribute to the design, development and specification of new and existing processes and systems, consulting with customers where appropriate, to ensure that their requirements are fully understood and met.
- Complete checks daily to ensure BI systems are working correctly and output is delivered to business expectations.
- Regularly review live reporting and database applications in an order that outputs remain aligned to business and user needs.
- Provide advice, guidance and coaching to team members to enhance their technical capabilities and ensure value added service to customers.
- Manage and evolve the day to day relationships with internal and external partners.
- To build and develop financial/operational models to provide forecasting for the business, which may be used to support the annual budgeting and scenario planning processes.
- Develop and support the month end process (with other team members) to reduce manual effort.
- Produce ad hoc analysis as required by heads of business functions.
Education/ Quals -
Diploma or degree in a related subject
Other package benefits: 25 Days’ Holiday + Bank Holiday, Employer Pension Contribution, Health Shield Cash Plan, Discounted gym flex, Childcare benefits, Free car parking, Free tea and coffee & Staff restaurant.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK.
To apply for the position of Business Intelligence Insight Analyst please fill in the form below.